February 4, 2009

"Ninety percent of the Internet audience views content exclusively, while ten percent views and creates the content. Sticking your neck out would include trying to be part of the ten percent who create something for everyone else to consume." Tim Brunelle, CMYK Magazine

It's funny, so many times I've tried to be the ten percent, (dating back to the year 2000, if you'd believe!) and yet I find myself here, signing up for another new personal space in this infinite Internet world. Will this place be of any use? I don't know... but I guess it doesn't hurt to try :)

My goals is, every night, I will sit here and write. Or post a picture. Maybe even make a video! I will ramble, rant, or remember something small that wouldn't feel right just leaving in my moleskine. I'll be personal, or not personal at all. Hopefully I'll put something up that might change how you think. Maybe you'll comment and change how I think. And if all works well, I'll be able to figure out so much more about myself.

Whatever goes down here, let's just hope that it's worth the time. I think we can agree on that, yes? Because who wants to just waste away...

I have dreams. Things I want to realize sooner than later. But before I can do that, and even while I do that, I want to know, just who is Dan Shin? Is he a believer? An optimist? A designer, an artist, an appreciator? Is he taking up space in what is the REAL WORLD, or can he really actually make something out of himself? Let's start to find out...

So, here's to the ten percent :)

No comments: