March 26, 2010
Guess what? You can now watch the entire I'm Here short film by Spike Jonze and Absolut Vodka on their website. So if you have half an hour to spare, head over there and take a look. Whether the story speaks to you or not, it's okay, the music alone makes it worthwhile. But they do limit the number of views per day so go early!
And say what you will about corporate sponsorship, Absolut does a great job at dishing out money in the name of artistic vision and not solely for business profits. I'm Here is no exception to this. I think they understand that what is exceptional or valuable in today's culture involves more than just themselves, and they choose to embrace that fact by backing and even pushing artists to make work by their own rules. And that deserves some respect. I mean, Absolut even let this happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment